Start a new topic

Re-using Content Blocks

I am creating a specific content block that I would like to reuse multiple times within a single page but once I have used the block once I can no longer select it from the "Add Content Block" section. Is there a way that this can be done?

Thanks for asking. There is not currently a way to do this but I can definitely see the value in that type of functionality. I have an idea, let me put some thought into it and see if I can come up with a way for that to work. The current problem is that each content block is given a unique id so that the tools can target and make adjustments to that content block. 

Thanks for the reply. That would be an awesome feature but for now I will just make my content block an HTML Snippet. It would just be nice to move it with the drag and drop feature of the content blocks.

This is probably not the way this is intended to work, but I created a content block (a 300px left floating div) and removed the ID from the html. When I am editing a page I can now add that block multiple times by adding the block, switching to the HTML editor then back to Rich Text, and adding the block again. Not sure why yet.

It does copies the content of the previous version of that block, but I can live with that for now.

Just FYI, the ID tag was removed from the ID tag in the content blocks template page.

Login or Signup to post a comment