Start a new topic

Reselecting Buttons Once Links have Been Converted

Is it possible to select a button-link once the link is converted into a button element using Design Tools?

I haven't been able to figure this out, and have been forced into the DT Advanced HTML Editor to manually code a new URL.

It doesn't make sense to have to remove the Button class in order to modify anything about the link.

What am I missing?

Thanx,

RonM

So, I may have figured this out by continued use. Double-clicking on a button label will select the text, and is then recognized by the DT Link/Button sidebar tool. Although I've searched, I haven't been able to find the documentation on this.

So, that was a fun one to track down. It was a browser specific issue that was interesting to track down. It turns out that the buttons use a CSS property called user-select. Browser support for this property is a little erratic which is why this issue only showed up recently for certain browsers. Overriding that property when working in the editor seems to have done the trick.

Let me know if you still experience this issue. If you don't see the improved functionality immediately, give it a day for your browser to recache the CSS file.

Thanks for letting us know!

1 person likes this
Thank you for the extra footwork. The override tweak will definitely help the teachers in our district whose eyes cross when they see block labels. The highlighting feature is indispensable to the intuitive UI they've come to expect from Design Tools. Thanks again!

Login or Signup to post a comment