Start a new topic

Labels for Institutional Colors/Core Design Tools

I am trying out DesignPLUS on the CIDI Labs Canvas instance and really like what I see so far!

I'm not sure how much the color picker can be modified (if at all).  After I added in our school's color palette to the [Color Palette] page of the Design Tools Primary Customizations course, I then reviewed what it looked like in Design Tools:

Rows 2, 3, 4, and 5 are our primary and secondary colors.  It would be nice if the labels Institutional Colors and Core Design Tools could be somehow included in this view...so that instructors recognize that our school's color palette is available along with a variety of other colors.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your input. This is a feature that's available if you go to the color picker when in the Advanced version of the tools. Kenneth has been working on creating his own color picker since the version you posted above has so UI flaws that drive him crazy. Eventually, the color picker in the Advanced tools will become the standard color picker.

Here is what it looks like:

You can add lines of text on the Color Palette page of the Design Tools Primary Customizations course to create headings and then follow them with the hexadecimal values you want listed under those headings.

1 person likes this

Good morning, Michelle.  Thanks for the reply, and thanks for showing me where this is already possible.  Good to know!

Login or Signup to post a comment