Start a new topic

Implementing Hidden Gems

Cidi Labs has developed incredible Hidden Gems.  Can someone demonstrate how to implement them within a page in Canvas?  I am specifically interested in hiding the Next and Previous buttons from specific pages, but having them everywhere else.

Each of the Hidden Gems is a little different but they typically involve adding HTML and/or CSS classes. Using the Hide Next/Previous as an example:

1. Open the HTML Attributes tool
  2. Choose an element you know you aren't going to delete. A fairly safe one is the title block
  3. Paste the desired class(es) In the class field:
    1. kl_hide_next to hide the next button
    2. kl_hide_previous to hide the previous button
    3. kl_hide_next kl_hide_previous to hide both
  4. Save the page

It is worth noting that many of these features only work when the content is viewed in the browser and will not work in the mobile app. Typically they will have a note telling you that but I just noticed that the Hide Next/Previous was missing that note.

Thank you, unfortunately adding the hide next and hide previous classes did not change anything on the page, once saved.  

Is there a way of troubleshooting these types of issues?

Hmm... I just verified that it is still working. One thing to keep in mind is that this relies on custom JavaScript to hide those buttons and Canvas does not load that JavaScript until the page content has finished loading. If you have a lot of content on the page, there can be a delay before the buttons are hidden. I also had to get creative because Canvas will occasionally rebuild the next/previous buttons once the page has loaded as well but that should all be factored in.

Will you send the HTML of the page you are working on to support@cidilabs.com and I will take a look and see if I can see anything that might be an issue?

Login or Signup to post a comment