Our training program is jam-packed with information!
We realize that we throw a lot of fun tools at you and that, at times, it can be a bit overwhelming. The goal of our training regimen is not, necessarily, to have you walk away remembering how to use each and every tool. Instead, we want to get you going on the basics while also showing you what you have the capability to create now that you have access to DesignPLUS.
Knowing this, here are some tips to help you get the most out of training:
- Review the following article to determine which training sessions you should attend. We recommend you attend all of them if you can.
- Review the following page in our Admin Guide to get an idea of what topics each session will cover.
- Register for training sessions.
- Go to Canvas Commons and import "Cidi Labs DesignPLUS Training" if you have access to an empty Canvas course. This course is a copy of the course we walk you through during training and can be used to:
- Turn your video on during training sessions. Having your video on increases focus and engagement for yourself and others. Seeing facial expressions helps the speaker determine if there are any questions or if they can move ahead.
- Ask questions during training. If you have a question, others likely do, too. Talking for a full 90 minutes can be exhausting for the trainer. Pausing to answer a question gives us a much-needed break and helps to keep us, as trainers, on our toes.
- Download the recording sent to attendees after training sessions. These are handy to have on hand so that you can:
- refer back to them at a later time if you need a refresher.
- share them with colleagues and faculty that are not able to attend training.
- use them to create a DesignPLUS training program at your institution.
- Complete the post-training survey (link included in recording email) to give us feedback so that we can continue to improve our training program.